Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I had a dream that I re-wrote as poetry

Phoenix

Heart melting into tears,
pouring from inside.
A river forms,
carrying me
over and under
the rapids.
Current strengthens-
no more struggling,
I let go,
close my eyes.
and accept the end
to suffering,
to feeling the whole world’s sorrow
streaming out of me.

Hands reach out;
pull me to the bank
Two men- one I know and one
I do not
except from past dreams.
Each full of light,
Each smiling gently,
reminding me
of my purpose,
marveling at a river
made solely of my tears.
A new skin covers me;
A strong heart beats inside.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Nice. Sounds like a rebirth. Retirement is a new beginning in many ways and hopefully it will be joyous and full of purpose. :)

Betty said...

Beautiful - yes, does sound like new beginnings - as new skin covering you!

By the way, your petite roses are coming up again outside in my garden and the Gardenia is still nice and healthy!

Kathi said...

Thanks! That's what I thought too. When I woke up, I couldn't stop touching my skin because it really did feel new. It reminded me of when I went to the mikvah before I converted. The man "I knew" in the dream was Grandpop. Glad the flowers are blooming!