Saturday, December 13, 2008

Opening Night!

Well, my play, In God's Hands, opened tonight to a full house. It was a little nerve-wracking, but it went off great, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Rachel and Alana were there with Aden, so they can tell you if it was really any good or not...I am so lucky, though. Not only do I have the best director in town at the helm, but I have the best actors, too. They've taken my script and they've turned it into a show! There was only one small error tonight that just cracked me up. The guy playing the rabbi is supposed to say, "God's miracles aren't like that..." but instead he said, "God doesn't bake challah like that." Act I ends with the "Challah Rap," and when I wrote the song, I had no idea how funny it would be. That's thanks to the actors who are just hilarious. They do all of the sound effects and get the entire audience involved. During intermission, I asked Aden if he had sung with the actors, and he spouted off the beginning of the chorus. So, all in all, I felt pretty darn good about it. Five more shows to go..aiyiyi.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was fabulous and even the mistake was funny, so no worries! Good luck on the rest of the shows. Wish we could be there to see it.

Kristinn said...

I can't wait to see it Mom!

Betty said...

Love to see one of your plays! Maybe I'll get a frequent-flyer ticket and do it next year!