Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Warm Weather Girl

My sister lives in Alaska (actually Unalaska in Dutch Harbor of the Aleutians) and once in awhile I'm a little jealous because she gets to play in the snow. But then, on days like today, I get a bit of "WHAT are you THINKING?" rattling through my head. For one- I don't like the cold, and for another, today in San Antonio, we had the most gorgeous day. Here we are in NOVEMBER, and it was up to about 80 degrees. The sun was shining, and the breeze was just enough to rustle the leaves in the trees. It was a perfect day for a picnic, so instead of meeting a friend for lunch at a restaurant as planned, I called her back and said, "How about I pick up lunch, and we go to the park instead?" And we did, and it was lovely. There were deer grazing nearby, and a few other people with the same idea picknicking with their kids. You know, I think we could have stayed there for hours eating and talking and enjoying the peacefulness of the outdoors. I definitely want to visit Jane in Alaska one of these days, but I am so lucky to live where I do. When July comes 'round, if you hear me complaining about the heat, please remind me of that...

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Ahhhh, I do miss that hot Texas weather. I have certainly adapted more than I ever thought I would but I would still take hot over cold any day!