Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ready, set, go!

It's back to the schoolhouse tomorrow, and time is going to start flying! My students will take their state writing test in just a few months, and the pressure is on. I don't worry too much about it as I have amazing students, but many 7th graders just don't have the maturity to write the kinds of narratives they're expected to write, so we have to hit it hard. The difficult part for teachers is to keep it interesting when we know the topics they'll receive on the test are anything but. I want the kids to LOVE writing...

On a personal note, Rachel and I went shopping yesterday and had Abram with us. Aden stayed home with Greg, taking a nap. We stopped and bought soft pretzels on our way out of the mall, and as we were driving home, Abram said, "I'm eating my pretzel; eating my pretzel..." and I said, "That sounds like a song, Abram," so he added a little tune and started to sing, "I'm eating my pretzel song, eating my pretzel sooooonnnnng." He is hilarious. And he's not even two years old yet!

I think I'll go have some leftover Thanksgiving pie and try to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow...

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Love the grandbaby stories. Those boys are so cute and smart.

I think you are just the teacher to instill a love of writing in your students.

Kathi said...

Ha- thanks, Jane. I sure hope so, but it's difficult to compete with texting! :)

Gigi said...

Yeah, I bet there's some truth to that. I have to make my teens take their earbuds out and put their phones away when they come to see me.

Betty said...

Abby would love you for a teacher!

Kathi said...

And I'd love her for a student! :)