Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks- giving

Thanksgiving is almost here, and I have so much for which to be thankful. Right now I'm sitting here at the computer with my 2 amazing dogs (Angus and Neptune) at my feet. Alan and Eli and our friend Karl from Alpine just left for the store to pick up a "few more things." Jordan is cooking all of the sides tomorrow, and she's an amazing cook. Big Bubbe is bringing pies, and I'll add a couple of my own plus some appetizers and other desserts. Rachel, Greg, Aden and Abram will be here. Sadly, I'll be missing Kristinn, Tim, Gabe, and Sofia, Ryan and Vicki , Alana and Jake. Alana was planning to come, but it didn't work out, and everyone else is too far away, but they'll all be here in spirit, I'm sure. Today, Rachel and family came over, and she and I took the boys to play at the park. We had another beautiful day and lots of fun. But the highlight of the day was when Abram followed me into the bathroom and said, "Where's your wienie, Bubbe?" Of course he was completely serious, but how can you keep a straight face on that one?
I ran into a former student earlier today, and that's always neat- especially when I remember his/her name, which is getting harder and harder to do. It's funny because I'll remember "kids" I had over 25 years ago, but I have difficulty remembering the names of ones I had just last year. I recognize them, but sometimes the names escape me. The guy who helps run the bowling alley where Eli bowls is a former student of mine, one former is now an Assistant Principal at another middle school in my district, and my own son-in-law once sat in my classroom. Isn't that just kinda cool?! Well, I've gone all over the place with this blog, but the bottom line is that I am lucky and very blessed and hope that all of you who read this have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Kristinn said...

We are there in spirit Mom! You have to check out Sofia singing on my blog...she's such a riot! Tonight Gabe informed me that he has an alien in his "ballsac" that controls his "pepe." How do you not laugh at that?! He then very matter-of-factly told me that "that's why his pepe stands up sometimes -- 'cause the alien's driving!" LOL!

Kathi said...

That's hilarious, Kristinn! Reminds me of some of the things Eli used to say when he was little. I will check out your blog. I looked at it earlier today, but I didn't see Sofia singing. Wish you were here!!

Betty said...

C'mom Kathi, you can't be catching up to me with the memory thing. Didn't you know that "long term memory" stays with you but "short term memory" has to do with "aging? I think you have too much on your plate.

Great to have fun with Rach and the boys! I know you miss the rest of your family but like Kristinn said they are there with you in spirit. Hopr you hsd a wonderful day!

Kathi said...

I am convinced that the reason I'm having trouble "retrieving" things in my brain isn't because I can't but because my brain is so full of stuff, it just takes a little longer to find it!! :)