Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stuffed!

I read this morning that people in the U.S. gain an average of 9 lbs. between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think I gained at least that much just today! Jordan outdid herself once again, and with everyone bringing something, we had enough food for each person to take leftovers home and then some. Even the dogs had a Thanksgiving dinner for which they were very happy. At the table, Abram said, "Get my mashed tatoes now, Mommy!" He's a little bossy boy. He also entertained us with the "Eencey Weencey Spider" song, while his big brother Aden, figured out a new puzzle Aunt Jorgie bought him- in record time. By the time everyone left, we were all high on pie and other desserts: chocolate pie, chocolate pecan pie, pumpkin pie, brownies, citrus squares, pumpkin spice cake, and more. If I see another pie, I'll.... probably eat it. :) And now, Alan is doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. And I'm relaxing and wondering if I'll fit into my clothes any time soon. Maybe that was supposed to be 9 pounds for Thanksgiving and another 9 for Christmas. But, hey, we have 8 nights of Hanukkah. How will that add up??? Aiyiyi.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Sounds like a great day, regardless of poundage acquired. :) I haven't even had my dinner yet and y'all are finished??!! Love to all the kids and grands.

Kathi said...

It was a great day! I hope you enjoy yours as much even though I know it must be hard without the kids around. I definitely missed those who couldn't be here. I did talk to Kristinn and Alana earlier, and Sofia sang the turkey song for me. She's a hoot! Ryan and Vicki are in Tennessee at her mom's. Yeah, pounds be damned! :)

Betty said...

Yes, sounds like fun esp. with the kids being with you. Forget the pounds - you'll prob. work them off!

Sofia's turkey song is a hoot! Will be seeing them soon!